A big player from Sroda Wielkopolska has assigned me the mission of entering the top free search results. The digital marketing consultant have started to work. So let's fasten our seatbelts
Website positioning - difficult home decor - vinyl panels
Short phrase assessment
- Vinyl panels according to Ahrefs look as follows: 135K in volume, although the top on the close tops are Castorama and LeroyMerlin.
- Vinyl panels according to Semrush have 74K enquiries per month
The vinyl panel according to Ahrefs look as follows: 8.9 K of volume, although the top on the close is Castorama and LeroyMerlin.
The vinyl panel according to Semrush looks as follows: 5.4 K volume.
The initial state of the website
With the usual rhythm, I present the initial state of the website. The situation looked serious. Although the domain has been online since 2004, it does not rank for attractive phrases.... and so:
- Visibility of the website for the keyword "vinyl panels" according to Google Search Console data
- Visibility of the web page for the keyword "vinyl panel" according to Google Search Console data
It is not every day that a site although it has been online for many years has virtually no visibility on the web. The console did not report any major Mobile Friendly compatibility errors, so I looked at the speed of the site.
The URL of a page is one of the key factors in website positioning
How did it work? Exactly as it could have been predicted. When the old URL reached its max and could not break through to better optimised pages, there was a momentary bump and the new one soared much higher:
- Page visibility on the new URL for the phrase "vinyl panels"
Naturally, in the process I updated the redirects, improved the internal linking slightly and a few other details.
Page speed - a sore point for all SEO specialists
Page speed is not so much an issue for SEOs as it is for website owners. Few web owners take the subject seriously. It turns out that it's worth taking the subject of site speed head on.
- GTmetrix view, page speed rating 11 September 2020: The category page (which ranks for the given phrases), takes 27 MB and fully loads in over 14s.
- GTmetrix view, page speed evaluation 16 October 2021: Due to the fact that the basic information panel has changed slightly, I will add that the page occupies 2.25 MB and fully loads in over 3.9 seconds.
Page speed is a ranking factor that affects the health of the entire domain. When positioning a website, optimising page speed improves its visibility on all phrases. Here's how things work:
- Senuto view - domain visibility graph for positions 1-3
- Senuto view - domain visibility graph for Top 10
Page positioning through content marketing
In parallel to the technical optimisations, category and product descriptions were ordered from a copywriter Thrown in regularly refined and consolidated the effect.
And why did the charts break in spring 2021? Well, because the process of ordering a new website had begun and I was no longer practising necrophilia on the old website. There will soon be a blog post on how to implement the new WWW, what mistakes to avoid and what to expect from the 'new' one.